Friday, June 22, 2018

What's Happening Before Beer O'Clock Today

A bit of reverse engineering is what is happening today.

The N Scale layout at the club is capable of DC or DCC use and the old DC controllers are starting to get a bit iffy they reckon. So we need to build a new one or two.

Easy you say?  But sadly the fella that built them is no longer with us and I can't find any documentation at the club for how they were built. So I am pulling one apart to see how it was built and of what it was built. This way I might be able to find some diagrams etc on the web or be able to nut it out myself and build the new ones we need.

So after a few hours I've almost documented it - physically that is.  The next part will be to draw a proper circuit diagram...





No comments:

Post a Comment