Wednesday, May 22, 2024

I Keep Forgetting to Post in the Blog

I plonk a pic or two up in Faceplant very regularly, but forget about the blog here.  As many would know, my train shed has now been powered, insulated, lined and painted. So now it is time for the railway empire construction phase. So I better start blogging about it.  So here goes for today.

So it was time to get the drop saw out again and start cutting some 19x42 mm DAR pine timber.


I have decided on my plan of attack for the middle deck -  A frame made of 19x42 mm DAR pine timber would be screwed to the double slot brackets from the wall.  


50mm XPS foam will then be glued onto the frame.


So I made my first frame and yes, guess what I forgot?


That's right - holes in the cross members for wiring to go through.  So off to the workbench and drill press and start drilling 17 mm holes in the timber.


Now the frame is good to go.


So in position I reckon the viewing of the decks looks OK to me.


The thickness of each deck is good.  With just some 30 mm foam yet to go on the very top deck in some places, where depth of scenery is required.


Later this arvo I decided to cut up some more timber to make another 3 or 4 middle deck frames.


Yeh, then I still had some time till dinner, so part assembled 3 frames.  Gee I do love the "pocket screw" method of connecting the pieces of the frame.  I bought the proper Kregg brand of jig so I can easily drill the holes, then use the Kregg 32mm screws. Simples.




So that's it for today, many, many, many more days, weeks, months, years to go.....  :-)


1 comment: