Tuesday, May 28, 2024

I'm Really Liking this Working on the Railroad Bit


So more middle deck today.  


So I had to cut up some more lengths of double slot rail first.


Then screw them onto the wall after of course measuring very careful 5 times to make sure I get the holes at the right height above ground level.  Having lined the shed with 12mm plywood sure makes it easier for building - it becomes part of the structure.


Then add the bracket - simple slot it in type jobbie.


Then make some more frames to sit on those brackets.  I'm using 42x19mm DAR pine timber for the frame and joining with screws via the use of a Kreg Pocket Jig to make neat holes for the screws.


Then join the new frame to the previous one with a couple of screws.


There, another 3 frames in place.


Now to add some foam.  I'm using 50mm thick XPS foam for the middle deck.

The rails for the brackets stick out 20mm from the wall.


So my trusty jewelers saw with a fine blade does the cutting very nicely and quickly.


Now the foam sits nicely against the wall.


There - foam sheets in place on the latest batch of frames.


Last job of the day was to take all the rails off the wall on the forst for frames, as I had made the rails longer than needed and that would have necesitated have a backdrop sheet of MDF or something added for the bottom deck.  Neating trimming each rail to the bottom of the bracket allows a neat finish and no need for any timber sheeting :-)

Oh, by the way, each frame is also screwed to each bracket with 2 screws. Solid as I reckon :-)


Tomorrow might be some more top deck frames since I started some more today.  I'm knackered again.






















No comments:

Post a Comment