Sunday, September 20, 2015

Another Week

So it's two posts in one tonight as I didn't get around to one on Wednesday.

So Tuesday night saw the Toosdy Niters meet over on the southside, so I headed over to this meeting of a great bunch of fellas. The layout was in Bob Hardings QR rail carriage and the meeting in his nice house. A good time was had as always with lots of looking talking and eating.






Scooter was there of course and we saw some of the laser cut buildings that Bob has been assembling ready for his upcoming new layout.





Wednesday saw me down the club and doing some wiring. I had laid the 12 mm track on the clubs test track area on the Saturday and it now needed wiring and connecting to switches for use. I was also able to take delivery of some nicely laser cut timer sheeting from Tristan of Chilli Laser Engraving. I will use these in conjunction with the QR Station kit from the other day to make the scene I want.


While I was doing this, Doug was laying cork near the outlet of the main yard near the wharf for a new little bypass.


Bob P was at it do some cutting on the top deck above the main yard for where the 12 mm track needs to dip down by 20 mm in various locations.


At noon it was then time to go play trains for the arvo :o)

Saturday saw little actual work on the layout, with the all clear for running given at starting time since all work was being done elsewhere than the layout itself. I decided to finish the 12 mm addition to the test track area with some labeling so people could actually use it.


So now we see a third switch on the test control panel. The new one is on the left and shows "16.5 mm" and "12 mm". Pretty obvious, but if you are testing your 16.5 mm loco, then have the switch in HO and 16.5 mm, if you are trialing your HOn3½ loco, then use HO and 12 mm switches - simples.

I then spent a few hours sieving some dirts I collected on Wednesday arvo. I had headed down to the end of Kremzow road (Winn road) and grabbed dirt from a road cutting, a drainage ditch and a footpath cutting. So I had 5 liters of each and sieved it right down to fine dust and all sizes in between. I then got a sample of each in a size suitable for ballast and washed it - results will be seen on Wednesday when it is dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment